There are two ways to build a gallery with lightbox and navigation arrows:
1. Using the "Jetpack by WordPress.com" plugin:
In order to create a simple classic gallery, like this example: http://lawyers-attorneys.vamtam.com/simple-classic-gallery/ , please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Please add the "Jetpack by WordPress.com" plugin and activate it. Here you can read more about this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/
Step 2: If you don't have a Wordpress.com account and don't need one, you still can use the Jetpack plugin - simply add the Unplug Jetpack plugin and activate it.
Here you can read more about this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/unplug-jetpack/
Step 3: Please go to Dashboard > Jetpack > Settings > Appearance > activate the Tiled Galleries and Carousel features:
Step 4: Please go to Settings > Media > Image Gallery Carousel > tick the "Display all your gallery pictures in a cool mosaic" option. Change any settings you need. You can do it at later stage as well.
Step 5: Please go to your page/post editor and insert a gallery by clicking the standard Wordpress button Add Media:
You can watch the video guide Using a Media Library: http://support.vamtam.com/support/solutions/articles/183764
2. Using the Portfolio posts:
Please note that this option is valid for the following themes: The Wedding Theme, DO.BIZ Theme, Church and Event Theme, Health Center Theme, Honeymoon Theme, Fitness Sport Gym Theme, Lawyer & Attorney Theme, Auto Repair Theme
In order to create a Gallery Style Portfolio, like this example: http://auto-repair.vamtam.com/portfolio-layouts/sortable-4-columns/ , the Image - Lightbox link, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Create a Portfolio Item
- Go to Dashboard > Portfolios > Add New
- Select the Portfolio item post format Image
- Set the settings of the post format according to the help text above the editor: Use the standard Featured Image option for the portfolio image. Use the editor below for your content. Clicking on the image in the Portfolio listing page will open up the image in a lightbox. You will need "Link" post format if you want clicking on the image to lead to the portfolio post.
- Attach the post to a category/ies. They are found on the right hand side.
- Click on "Update" button
Step 2: Create a Portfolio Listing Page
- Please go to Dashboard > Pages > Add New
- In the VamTam Drag & Drop Page Builder click on the "Portfolio" element
- Once the element is added click on the pencil icon to edit the element. Its option panel will open up: set the layout type and other settings, choose the category/ies to display and turn ON the "Group" option. If the option is on, the lightbox will display left and right arrows and you can see all the portfolio posts from the same category.
- Click on "Save Element" button.
- Click on "Update" button